Hello Hurricane
you can't
silence my love
Speak up or die
Tammie says Smile!


Hello there, Stranger!
Welcome to my humble little blog.

The name's Tammie, but friends call me Tam (not 'thumb').

Who am I, you ask?
I'm not that smart top-scorer girl in your class.
I'm not that pretty lass you always see on the streets either.
I am passionate, stubborn and emotional.
My absolute most favorite thing to do is hanging out with people I care & love.
My passion burns for Jesus & photography.
I wish to travel more and see more.

This blog was created so I get to jot down my feelings.
Happenings in life.
That is, if I'm not too lazy to update ;)


Blogger Buddies :3

Shanlyn Yin Nancy Cynthia ChinTeng Jocelyn Choulyew KarNee Amanda XinYong JiaWen Gacky MingSheng Alex WeiShze Netty Chii Ace Dominic Nicholas
Friday, July 24, 2009 @ 6:59 PM
Shop til You Drop
Malaka is facing the yearly shopping fever now as we speak I blog.

It's Jusco. Their having their annual J card day.
And since Malaccans have nothing to do- always stay at home, go to work, then come back home again- we are invading Jasco at full force.

Of course, our shopping fever is nothing compared to our state sisters in KL and Selangor.

But for a state that has only 1,650 km² (compare to KL's 243.65 km² or Selangor's 7,956 km²) of land, our shopping spirit is impressive.

I have a *Malaccan* friend who told me her sister took a entire day off from work, just to join Jusco's J card day.
She reached Jusco at 7am that morning and returned at 3pm (again this is nothing compared to some crazy shppoers who can list out 1,000 reasons to come home after 12am- yes, from shopping)

I regrated not taking a picture (didn't take camera with me) of how the traffic looks like on my way back from tuition today.

Anyway back to topic. Malacca is a small state, mind you, with a population of only 7333,000 people.
But in spite of this, Malacca manage to house roughly about 7 shopping complex in her tiny body.
Tesco, Jusco, Melaka Mall, Dataran Pahlawan, Makotah, Giant, Bintang.. oh and the latest addition- MyDin.

I'm not disapproving Malacca form building up anymore shopping complexes but it is getting kind of annyoing watching each companies fighting over costomers.

They've came up with ridiclouse advertisments that look like they have mentailty of 9 and 10 year olds, fighting for parent's love.

The Cold Storage Vs Tesco Ad


The Giant Vs Tesco Ad


The Giant Vs Tesco Ad *again*

Eventhough I'm not into advertisment, even I know better then to make lame advertising like they did.
Tip:
Never make it too obvious who your competitions are.
It just makes your own componey look pethatic to your would-be costermers. Putting them off.

So all in all, I'd say that Malaccans rock when it comes to shopping.
Or should I just say Malaysians in general..?

back to top?
5 comments
monthly archive

April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 January 2012
recent entries

The glass bottle incident the crazy things we did Dead Lappie Packages. A girl's dilemma. Fun little brainteasers Happiness comes in packets! Lefties aren't dummies Wonderful way to start of a morning BEAWESOME - Diversity First H1N1 case in Malacca..?
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS