Hello Hurricane
you can't
silence my love
Speak up or die
Tammie says Smile!


Hello there, Stranger!
Welcome to my humble little blog.

The name's Tammie, but friends call me Tam (not 'thumb').

Who am I, you ask?
I'm not that smart top-scorer girl in your class.
I'm not that pretty lass you always see on the streets either.
I am passionate, stubborn and emotional.
My absolute most favorite thing to do is hanging out with people I care & love.
My passion burns for Jesus & photography.
I wish to travel more and see more.

This blog was created so I get to jot down my feelings.
Happenings in life.
That is, if I'm not too lazy to update ;)


Blogger Buddies :3

Shanlyn Yin Nancy Cynthia ChinTeng Jocelyn Choulyew KarNee Amanda XinYong JiaWen Gacky MingSheng Alex WeiShze Netty Chii Ace Dominic Nicholas
Thursday, July 9, 2009 @ 5:40 PM
Lefties aren't dummies

I caught my mum trying to convert my sister to a right hander yesterday.

That's discrimination, I tell you.

I was utterly offended. 
(I know I've got excess emotions until I even care if my mum is making my sis write with her right hand.)

Hoi. Left handers are left handers. You can't make them change hands.
Do you know that left or right handedness is controlled by genes?
I used to think it was because of environmental factors that makes a person want to use left or right hand to write.


My parents said I used my left hand the first time I grab a pencil.

Many people would go "Oh your daughter is a left hander?" though it sounds like they were saying "Oh your daughter just came out of prison?"
In the same tone.
The same you-know-what-I-mean voice behind that question.
Heck, it's not even like a question, it's more of an accusation.
I may be a small girl then, but I can still sense meanness when I hear it.

What the heck is wrong with being a left hander??
The more these people look down on lefties, the more I'm proud of being one.

We are unique.
According to Wikipedia, lefties only make up of 7-10% of the world's population
We are survivors.
They used to persecute left handers in the olden days. They used to FORCE lefties change their writing hands to right hand. I have a aunt who was forced to use her right hand.

Basically, the whole world is against us. Humans, right handed humans invent right-handed guns, cameras, scissors, knife and chairs for everyone.
But conveniently forgetting the 7-10% of people who are lefties.
We struggle to adapt to these.
See this?

Yeah, this is my worst enemy.
You can bet the person who invented this was an ignorant right-hander.
*Thanks for making my life in school a really tough time, I thoroughly enjoyed leaving my left hand to dangle in mid air whenever I have to write*

Lefties are know for their creativity in arts and music. Some even say maths but I suck in maths.
Music
In case you didn't notice, his guitar is costume made to fit a left hander.
Cuz LeeHom's one of those amazing lefties XP

Of course, I am grateful that discrimination towards lefties are a lot lesser now compared to centuries ago. But still.......... why la all the right-handed inventions??

If you guys are going to invent something, please be considerate.
Sorry about the rant. I feel much better now :) 

P/S: I text messages faster with my left hand. I feel so cacated using my right hand to text.

Labels:


back to top?
11 comments
monthly archive

April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 January 2012
recent entries

Wonderful way to start of a morning BEAWESOME - Diversity First H1N1 case in Malacca..? One of a kind. Out in stores now. What's wrong with my name? Food, Food and more food. Buh-Bye Mr. Jackson~ Welcome BACK!! Transform me. Just because we are different...
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS