Hello Hurricane
you can't
silence my love
Speak up or die
Tammie says Smile!


Hello there, Stranger!
Welcome to my humble little blog.

The name's Tammie, but friends call me Tam (not 'thumb').

Who am I, you ask?
I'm not that smart top-scorer girl in your class.
I'm not that pretty lass you always see on the streets either.
I am passionate, stubborn and emotional.
My absolute most favorite thing to do is hanging out with people I care & love.
My passion burns for Jesus & photography.
I wish to travel more and see more.

This blog was created so I get to jot down my feelings.
Happenings in life.
That is, if I'm not too lazy to update ;)


Blogger Buddies :3

Shanlyn Yin Nancy Cynthia ChinTeng Jocelyn Choulyew KarNee Amanda XinYong JiaWen Gacky MingSheng Alex WeiShze Netty Chii Ace Dominic Nicholas
Saturday, January 28, 2012 @ 11:40 PM
Wish List
Okay! So I've finally got enough things I need to make a wish list.

I know I always say I don't like to make a wish list because I believe that people close to me should know what I want instead of me telling them what I want. But I guess no one will know the exact things I want if I don't say it out. Yeah, it may be cool and totally awesome and touching if you guys did get me something I need even though I never said it out loud, but it's not fair to people who love me. Something I've learn along the way. I'm working on it. lol.

So I've compiled a list of material things I think would be beneficial to me.




1. Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid by Lemony Snicket



The cover looks like this. Memorise it.


I am utterly amazed at the way Lemony Snicket writes.
His writings are inspiring and funny, loving and touching, all in one. I have read quotes from this book which makes me want for more.
But when I go searching for them in book stores around KL, not one copy is found.
Thus, making me sad.
Even Kinokuniya does not seem to have it.


2. Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton

This is the cover.

or this
You know, I prefer this cover better. lol.

Well, no matter what the cover looks like, what's inside those cover is what I'm looking forward to have.
It's a movie now, but I don't want to watch the movie until I've read the book. Usually books are always way better then the movie adaptation.

What made me want this book is simple, it's inspiring. It talks about faith from a teen girl's point of view. And if there's life changing lessons Bethany learnt, I need to have them in my life as well.

3. Alice's Adventure in Wonderland (yes the famous Alice in Wonderland) by Lewis Carroll
There're many versions of this book cover,
but I'd be so please if I get to own one that has the vintage feel to it :P

Why would I ask for a children's book?
Because if you read the whole story carefully, you'll find that most scenes have underlying messages, clearly too deep for children to understand. It's probably categorised under "Children's Storybook" because it's characters are cute little fun things children can relate to, but the story is more then that.

Lewis Carroll has a knack with words. He plays with them.

Can I say that he's one of  the writers in his time that actually play with typography..?

Yes.
This is actually how words are put together in the book.
Exactly how Lewis Carroll intended it to be.
Smart.
4. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D Salinger


One more, just in case you forget.

Simply because it's such a known novel and I have yet to read it. And... probably it's because the novel impacted the life of my favourite British actor, got that from an interview.

I'd love to give this book a read.



By now you probably think all the items in my wishlist are books.
Well guess what.. You're right. Because my wishlist ends here. haha.
I'll be updating this from time to time, to add in more things I want or need (that hopefully are something else other than book. lol)
I'm easy to please, give me an interesting book and I'll shut up for 1 whole day. I love reading.


It brings me places.
Teaches me new emotions.
Gives me new perspective.
Encourages me during tough times.
Expands my imaginations. So.. why not wish for books?


So yeah, wait for my list to be updated! :)

back to top?
2 comments
monthly archive

April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 January 2012
recent entries

Cats with wings and... The Drug A Generation's Hue Too sudden, too young No. Yes. The simplest church Service Healer Tickets? Check! Something New
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS