Hello Hurricane
you can't
silence my love
Speak up or die
Tammie says Smile!


Hello there, Stranger!
Welcome to my humble little blog.

The name's Tammie, but friends call me Tam (not 'thumb').

Who am I, you ask?
I'm not that smart top-scorer girl in your class.
I'm not that pretty lass you always see on the streets either.
I am passionate, stubborn and emotional.
My absolute most favorite thing to do is hanging out with people I care & love.
My passion burns for Jesus & photography.
I wish to travel more and see more.

This blog was created so I get to jot down my feelings.
Happenings in life.
That is, if I'm not too lazy to update ;)


Blogger Buddies :3

Shanlyn Yin Nancy Cynthia ChinTeng Jocelyn Choulyew KarNee Amanda XinYong JiaWen Gacky MingSheng Alex WeiShze Netty Chii Ace Dominic Nicholas
Sunday, January 16, 2011 @ 4:31 PM
Albinism- a blessing
So most everyone knows what Albinism is. People with albinism are called albinos. If you still don't know what albinism is click THIS.

Animals with albinism looks mysterious and majestic, in a way.






Humans with albinism looks stunning. To me at least.

I used to know a boy who was an albino during my childhood. His skin was the color of cream and his hair was yellowish white. I used to be in awe whenever I pass by the boy. I envy his perfectly white skin.

I remember mum telling me that was a person suffering from albinism. I was surprised she used to word 'suffer' because to me, it's like a blessing- to have such milky white skin. Mum continued to tell me that people who have albinism could not stay under the sun. They will easily get sun burn and fall sick. Whenever they go out, they need to be covered in lotion or clothing to protect their skin.

My heart fell when I heard those words. I enjoy playing outdoors. I enjoy the freedom of running in broad daylight. I pity and envy them at the same time.

Still I am captivated by albinos. They are rare. And they are beautiful. I did some searching on the net and I came across a few albinos who became models. Yes, fashion models.

Connie Chiu





Connie is of Chinese heritage.
Born in Hong Kong.
But because of her albinism her whole family moved to Sweden- where I suspect, not just the sun is kinder to her condition but also the people. Since it is not uncommon to see fair skinned people with platinum blonde hair there, unlike Hong Kong.
She was the world's first albino model.


Diandra Forrest




Diandra is an African American.
She struggled a lot being born as a white in a community of black people. 
Read about her full story HERE. It's really worth reading. I assure you.
But after all she struggled through, she manage to become a fashion model.
And I think she's a really pretty one too.


Shaun Ross




Shaun is also of African American heritage.
He lives in Paris now and is still a fashion model.

Lastly,
Stephen Thompson



Haha. I think Stephen is one hot albino model =]
Can't find much about him though.
All I know is, he's a Caucasian and a albino and a model.


I think its time to start seeing albinos in a different view. They're not weirdos. They're not freaks. They're humans. They suffer from some health complications related to albinism too. So it's not all fun and games being albino. They have their share of pain.

But from the way I see it, albinism is a from of blessing in disguise.

back to top?
2 comments
monthly archive

April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 January 2012
recent entries

Starting of a new sem. Birthday Burger Is that...a RIVER in a SEA? Choulyew's surprise #Day31 One Last Moment Day #29 Your Aspirations Day #28 Something that you miss Day #27 Your Favorite Place Day #26 Your Fears Day #25 A first
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS