Hello Hurricane
you can't
silence my love
Speak up or die
Tammie says Smile!


Hello there, Stranger!
Welcome to my humble little blog.

The name's Tammie, but friends call me Tam (not 'thumb').

Who am I, you ask?
I'm not that smart top-scorer girl in your class.
I'm not that pretty lass you always see on the streets either.
I am passionate, stubborn and emotional.
My absolute most favorite thing to do is hanging out with people I care & love.
My passion burns for Jesus & photography.
I wish to travel more and see more.

This blog was created so I get to jot down my feelings.
Happenings in life.
That is, if I'm not too lazy to update ;)


Blogger Buddies :3

Shanlyn Yin Nancy Cynthia ChinTeng Jocelyn Choulyew KarNee Amanda XinYong JiaWen Gacky MingSheng Alex WeiShze Netty Chii Ace Dominic Nicholas
Wednesday, August 5, 2009 @ 8:33 PM
The revange of the FISH
I choked on a fish bone yesaterday.

Was having dinner as usual when I took this spoonful.
A needle like sting went through my throat.

I freezed.
Mum asked 'What's wrong?'
'Fish bone. My throat' was all I manage to choke out.

Mum nods knowingly, like she's some wise old woman whose been through all of these, and said 'Swallow clumps of rice.'
I didn't move. I don't believe clups of unchewed rice can make the fish bone go down.

She said again 'Swallow rice!'
'BUT I'll get indigestion!!!' I protested weakly

In the end they made me swallowed 2 handful of rice. Unchewed rice, FYI!

Guess what? The fish bone was still there. Oh joy.

Then mum said 'Swallow bread then'
I was speachless (partly because of the fish bone stuck there, every little vibration will sting my throat even more), if bread didn't work, what will mum make me swallow next??

But I was getting desperate.
So I took a slice of High5 bread and reluctantly swallowed it.
I prayed 'God, please please please please please, help me take the fish bone away, I don't want to go to the doctors.'

After 1 gulp of the bread-ball, the bone was still there!

Okay, truth was, by then I was crying. Har Har.
But seriously, I cried not becuase of the pain and uncomfort the bone was giving me but the idea of what will happened if bread didn't work.

I'd probably be wheeled to the Emergency Room in Malacca General Hospital at 8pm that night.
Doctors would probably wedge some intimidating tool down my oesophagus in attempt to take the bone out.

That thought send tears streaming down my face.

Still silently praying, I tried another glup at the bread-ball.
It worked.
The bone went down the throat.

Thank God! I was so relieved.

Now I shall wait for the indigestion from swallowing 2 rice-balls and 2 bread-balls to kick in.
I'm expecting cramps. Bad ones.

I shall continue to update if I don't end up in ICU.

Til then, the fishes are watching you!
Cheers! :)

back to top?
9 comments
monthly archive

April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 January 2012
recent entries

Suprised I was :) 1 + 9 = 10..? XD Day 5 (and 4) of Home Quarantine Revamp Day 3 of Home Quarantine Day 2 of Home Quarantine Updates! Funny Labels Drawings Over you
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS